Meet the Team
Jacquelyn Thomas, CEO
Scientist, Educator, and pioneer in STEM and STEAM Education. Jacquelyn has been implementing STEM project based programs since 2002! As the Executive Director and Founder of Kids In Technology, a 501 (C) 3 nonprofit organization, she developed the Girls Pursuing Science program to engage girls in chemistry, math, and entrepreneurship during their elementary years. Jacquelyn is a mom and STEM educator.
Elena Tobin, Executive Assistant
Elena has been in the field of education nineteen years. She studied special education as an undergraduate, and has a Master's degree in Educational Technology. Elena has had a variety of roles in her career, from classroom teacher, to county leader, consulting district teams in Assistive Technology.
Margaret Eliza Edwards, Account Representative
Eliza is a USAF Veteran and a former Homeschool Educator for 13 years. Eliza has established herself as an accomplished Serial Entrepreneur. With her diverse skills, she is able to focus on being an Account Representative for Girls Pursing Science. Eliza prides herself on being a great mom and Lifestyle Organizer.
- Scientific Method
- Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- The Periodic Table and Bonding
- Chemical Changes
- Properties of Water
- Algebraic Thinking
- Using Decimals
- Using Fractions
- Using Rates and Proportions
- Using Percents and Ratios
The Beauty of STEM (B.O.S.) is an award-winning STEM enrichment curriculum that introduces girls to chemistry, applied mathematics and entrepreneurship as early as 4th grade! Girls make their own bath and body products while learning chemistry, math, and business development concepts. The B.O.S. is a unique blend of chemistry, cosmetics, creativity, and commerce!
THE B.O.S. OBJECTIVES
- Increase engagement by providing authentic and relevant projects
- Integrate literacy, science, and math concepts to develop 21st Century Learning Skills
- Develop higher level thinking in addition to oral and written communication skills
- Create a STEM pipeline that leads to advanced high school and university STEM programs
- Introduce girls to innovation and entrepreneurship